Wednesday, June 14, 2006

In His Presence

Today was an extremely cool day...though I woke up worrying about whether I was going to be late for practice...I wasn't if your wondering...practice went great so yeah...but what was really amazing about today had nothing to do with basketball...but all to do with God...

Last week Dustin Anderson invited me to help them set up for service...ie set up chairs, tables, and whatever else needs to be done before service...well after we finished setting up Mike Havelin started playing worship songs and stuff...it was totally amazing...the presence of God was so evident in the quiet sanctuary...I mean it was only five of us...and God...it was way cool...well after Mike finished, we put on some music by Jason Upton, that man is a beast when it comes to ushering in the spirit...it was amazing...

All in all, the experience was very gratifying...no one was super-spiritual or anything, it was just five guys seeking the face of God, and can I tell you...we found Him...I don't think i've ever felt His presence more strongly than I did in those thirty minutes...except summercamps...of course...

Well yeah thats whats been going on with me today...God's really been showing me to seek Him first above all things...to put Him first in my life instead of trying to fit Him into my life...the experience is very humbleing and fulfilling at the same time...so yeah try it some time... you won't regret it...

in christ
jordan

6 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Nice dude, wish I could have been there. Keep serving it up, Jordan.
In Christ,
SKittles

8:54 AM  
Blogger tori ohlerking said...

that's awesome. isn't God like so cool? i can't imagine life without His presence.

you're posting!!!!!
i'm so happy!!!!!!

now you just have to make cody get a blog, then i'll stop bugging you.

:-)

8:30 PM  
Blogger JordanGautreau said...

His presence really is the greatest thing...I'm so thankful that he allows us to experience it...And your right tori...now that i've experience it, I could nver imagine what it would be like to be without it... It's funny, God is showing me exactly what Dustin was talking about last night..."less of me and more of Him" I just keep thinking and praying that gosh...I just wanna be like Christ, God make me like christ...I'm at a point where I don't care what that takes...Like I want to live a life of surrender and abandonment to Him...You know, really abiding in Him...continually seeking His will for my life in all the situations of a day...I read books about radical, out-of-control christians and I find myself enving their relationship with Christ...the abandonement they have...I want that...I want there to be less of me and more of Him...that when people look at me they don't see Jordan Gautrea, but they see Christ...and not to build myself up, but to lift Him up...It's kinda like that song say, "I wanna be mistake for Jesus"

9:55 PM  
Blogger tori ohlerking said...

dude, you need to write your own book! i seriously envy you and your relationship with God.

i know what you mean- about abandoning yourself to God and just letting yourself fade away. it's challenging, but God helps us do it when we put Him first and seek His face.

and when we fall He picks us up again- and again.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

When are going to seminery?

12:07 PM  
Blogger JordanGautreau said...

I pretty sure I'm going to do Elevate right after I get out of school...so I'm not really sure on when...

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home