Saturday, July 07, 2007

Oh yeah...God's awesome!!!


Ok i'm going to do something that i don't think i've ever done before; post twice in one day. But this has to be posted about, if for nothing ese than to encourage others.

ok so i was sitting at home yesterday and one of my former teammates sent me a text message saying "i dnt really know how to do this but...do u think we can get together one da and u can help me with this bible! im a little confused with it! im wanting to turn my life n a new direction and i know that thegood lord will lead me n the direction i need to go!" i go this and i was totally shocked. Now you have to understand a little bit about my friend to grasp the weight of this; while he never made fun of me fo my beliefs or anything, he wasn't the kind of person you'd expect to find at church or something. Lets just say he's made some bad decisions. So when he called me not a minute later to talk, i was flabbergasted. We've now moved from an inpersonal text message to a serious conversation. He told me he really wanted to change and that he has some questions about the Bible; actually, about two pages of scriptures that he has questions about. So against all odds of me ever thinking something like ths would happen, me and my friend are meeting for coffee wednesday and then he's coming with me to Refuge. Talk about awesome.

it just shows me that God is so much bigger than anything i could think of. And that he can reach those we think are "unreachable" it really encourages me to think that i actually made a difference in my school.

So next time you think your wasting your time with someone: don't. God is using you. Next time you think your not making a difference: don't. God is using you. The next time you think of giving up because you don't see any progress: don't. God is using you.

Well i just couldn't help but post about such a amazing thing. Praise God!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason Guidry said...

That's so awesome! Praise Jesus!

-Jason

2:15 PM  
Blogger tori ohlerking said...

ah!! that is so amazing!!!!!

seriously...it's stories like that that keep me going!

i am so excited about wednesday! and i am and will be praying that it goes well!!!!!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Phillip LeBlanc said...

Wow, that is pretty awesome. Be sure to point him out at refuge.

I'm going to have to start calling you Pastor Jordan.

-Phill

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home