Monday, July 09, 2007

speech

ok so i was hanging out at my mawmaw Sue's tonight for my mom's birthday. So firstly happy Birthday mom. Thanks for being who you are, for encouraging me to chase my dreams, and for supporting me into my life.

Ok so back to being at my mawmaws. Well my mawmaw sue made this really good cake that has a rather questionable name, and well, they decided to call it a nicer name. Well my aunt Laura said that there are some times when she wishes that her husband and her wish that they didn't say certain things in front of their children. Well when she said that, a thought passed through my mind. and it's nothing against her or anything, but it does describe a large majority of our thinking. And the thinking i'm talking about is that it's ok to say certain things when you become a certain age or your "mature". I think that's a load of bull...if the Bible calls us to have a childllike faith then why do we think its ok to say things that we wouldn't want children to hear. Sounds kind of backwards to me...

Well just a thought i had. Take it for what it's worth.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phillip LeBlanc said...

I think that is a valid point.

-Phill

7:37 AM  
Blogger Jason Guidry said...

An old preacher I used to know said this: If is isn't appropriate for children, then it shouldn't be appropriate for adults.

-Jason

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home