Saturday, July 14, 2007

This ones kind of long but read it anyway, it's awesome

Ok so last night was pretty cool. I had met this guy the night before last in the pool and we kind of started talking. Well before i went up to the condo for the night he introduced me to one of his best friends. You could tell these two guys were pretty "rough" around the edges. K has probably one of the worst homelifes i've ever heard: his mom is a prostitute, his dad killed himself, and his grandmother kicked him out of her house as soon as the governmental benefits ran out. I mean wacked homelife. well his boy's family took him in and gave him some stability. I mean Houstin, k' friend, is pretty out there too. He's done all types of drugs and alchohol, i don't think ispelt that right. Anyway, he smokes, he's done wicka, and been in multiple cults, has multiple piercing, and yet he still has pretty high morals.

I feel really privelaged to have met these two misunderstood guys. Last night was awesome though because i got to talk to these two guys for about three hours. I mean we talked about everything from religion to music to sex and drugs to everything. I don't know how much i got threw to them, but i think i made a positive influence in their lives. but to tell you the truth, talking to them, i felt unprepared and unworthy. I mean i didn't understand alot of the stuff they talked about and didn't knowhow to bring the gospel into our conversations. i mean i straight up told them my beliefs when i could and shared some stuff, but i didn't know how to bring it around to personal for them. But then again i don't think that would have worked.

It's really hard to explain all that was said and stuff. I can't really put it into words. But last night i did learn one thing, something i've already known but now understand why; you CANNOT have judgemental attitude about someone else life. I've learned that you have to except them as they are, otherwise they will never listen to what you are trying to sayl to them. I mean, in the course of the three hour conversation, they both smoked four cigarrettes, and i was ok with that. LIke it didn't bother me to be around it you know. i finally understand what it truly means to meet someone where they're at and not try to change them.. That's God's job not mine. I think that's why so many people are turned off towards Christianity, 1. somewhere down the line someone has misrepresented what christianity really is. 2. they feel that if they open up to christians about there struggles and lifestyles, then they will be judged.

I feel that i've grown alot in my evangelical christian walk last night.

in finishing i'd like to share something that houstin said to me. he said, "You know, if more christians were like you, you know listening to me without judging, i think i'd be more open to christianity" I say that not to pump myself up or anything but to say that this generation is in desprate need of an authentic representation of what Christianity is. We have our jobs cut out for us. I seriously doubt that this is the only guy that feels this way. so next time you see someone that doesn't look like someone we'd hang out with, give them a chance. Be jesus for them and let them be Jesus for you. Last night i saw the need. i saw what these two guys represented: they represent a generation that is lost and confused and searching for acceptance anywhere they can find it.

God is so awesome. i feel unworthy sometimes of all the things he's been allowing me to do. Thank you Jesus.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason Guidry said...

Good read. Now I'm pumped up.

-Jason

8:19 AM  
Blogger Phillip LeBlanc said...

I think too many times we feel as if it is our job to change people... but in reading this I am reminded that we don't have to do anything except show Christ and be willing to listen. God will.

-Phill

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home