Tuesday, August 15, 2006

my week since the 9th...

Well I'll dive right into this one...last wednesday we started school...Finally...ever since summer camp i've been waiting for school to start...you know i didn't want to lose the fire...but as it turns out...God is amazingly faithful...this year, the fire actually grew to a blaze...for the past week i've really been seeking HIm...I want Him to be my only source of comfort, my only source of hope, my only source of strength...and as i seek these things, i feel that He's telling me that He is, but I first must trust Him implicitly...and I want to...oh how i want to...but it's hard sometimes...i've sat on the throne of my life for so long its hard to kick mySelf off of it...but i know i must...so God's giving me the strength...

I want to know HIm like i've never known Him before...I don't ever want to lose my passion for Him...it's easy sometimes to get distracted by the things of this world...i.e. the hastle of school, the crazyiness of a social life, or whatever it may be...but I know that God is asking me to focus on Him alone right now...not a grade or a relationship, but Him...Oh how i want to know Him like David did...I want God to convict me and change me...i don't want to ever be the same again...as i listen to Hillsongs new cd, i find myself praying along with the song..."in my life be lifted high, in my world be lifted high, in my love be lifted high" I want every single thing I do or say to lift my lord higher...everything i do to bring Him praise...He's asking me to surrender...I've said I've done it before, but never with such motivation behind me...before it was always a head knowledge, but now, i desire it with all of my heart...i read books of christians that lived soled out lives, and I want that...I don't want to live the mondane...i want to live a spontanious life for Christ...one that is a beacon to the world around me...I want to bring my God praise...

So back to school...I'm so excited about it starting back up...I can't wait for our Healing Hands ministry to get started back up...i talked to our counsler today about it and we are going to be much more involved...we're handing out flyers and everything to get everyone's attention...the first week this girl jamie is giving her testimony from camp and following right after her, I'll be asking everyone "in" the club, regular attenders, to be back next week, which is when I'll "charge" them with what God has spoke to me since summer camp...I can't wait....

Oh and of course the 11th was my birthday, and me and a bunch of friends from French Settlement and parkvied, and of course i couldn't forget Tori the hustler..jk...though she did shoot some amazing shots....well we all went to celebration stationa nd had a blast....the next day was the 12 andI was supposed to get my tattoo...it was really cool looking...but on the morning of the 12th iwas praying about it and felt that God wanted me to hold off on it...i'd be lying to you if i said i was happy, but after talking to my mentor...i followed God's leading, though i didn't know the reason for the conviction at the time...now this is cool...when i got back to codys house later that day and told his dada ,nonbeliever, i didn't get it he was very excited... as it turned out he had been praying that i wouldn't get my tattoo...so yeah that was kinda cool...sorta a testimony....yay...

ok so i know it was kinda long and not very coherent especially the last paragraph...but yeah thats been my week...

oh sorry one more thing...Refuge is going to be awesome tommorrow...

ok now i'm d0ne...

2 Comments:

Blogger tori ohlerking said...

i feel bad for not commenting sooner, but i guess i already told you-

awesome post! really!
when all you care about it seeking God, you affect people in ways that you may never know. he uses you to do things that you may never know you did. so keep seeking Him.

hey, did miss hope email you about helping out with children's ministry?...

12:20 PM  
Blogger JordanGautreau said...

Thanks tori for you comment...it means alot...even if it was late...lol...and your right we never know how God uses our simple acts of obedience...it keeps us humble...

Yeah she sent me and email, but i never emailed back yet...i'm not sure if i want to do children's ministry or not...idk...i'm praying about it...like i don't want to get too busy and lose focus on other things...

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home