Friday, August 18, 2006

Ambassadors of Christ!!!

Ok I guess I should start out by saying that, though this post was inspired by my quiet time tonight, Tori also played a part in the making of this post...being as she imformed me today that i was due for another...so this one's sorta for you Tori.. I'll start from the begginning...tonight cody and I were playing fooshball, if that's how you spell it, well anyway, I was playing ok, but i kept losing...eventually after three consecutive losses I was "hot" for loss of a better word...basically i was in a horribly angry bad mood...after the third game i decided that i didn't need to play anymore, but instead go have quiet time...so yeah that's what I did... From my little tirad, God convicted and showed me that when it comes to sports and competition, I have a slight anger problem...so i've come up with a solution...well actually i read it in a book, go figure... everytime i find myself getting angry i'm going to begin to pray for a lost friend...it's called the below the belt move...oh yeah that's right... so yeah in my quiet time i was reading in the Max Q book, and it had a scripture that i found amazing...2Corinthians 5:20 "we are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: be reconciled to God." isn't that amazing we are here to be represenatives of christ to present God's appeal...wow...but that's not the best part...i kept reading and Paul was writing about all the things he's gone through for christ...and at the very bottom he says that he has "nothing, and yet possesses everything"...I want to be like that...he just doesn't care about anything but the will of His father...I find myself praying more and more for his will, like i don't want to do anything that doesn't align with His will...and the more i strive to be like Christ, the more i see the devil trying to bring me down...mainly with distractions... ok and finally i kinda forgot about this until now, but it's super important...yesterday at school this guy david came and told me that his dad was diagnosed with cancer in the esaphogus, or however you say it, and i felt that god wanted me to pray for him...but i didn't...i stood there and let him walk away because i cared what people thought of me...i knew it was wrong as soon as he left, but by then it was too late...so i determined in my mind that bigolly i would pray for him the next day...so the first thing i did when i got to school was walk up to him...ask him if i could pray for him...and i went for it...it was a very releasing experience...like as soon as i began to pray for him, i could feel other people's eyes on me...but amazingly I didn't care...in fact, i wanted them to see...i wanted them to know there was something different about me...i wanted them to know that i love my god enough not to care what they thought....i wanted them to know that God was going to do something amazing in our school this year...i wanted it...yes i was scared, but God gave me the strength...it's kinda like that church sayingn goes, "you may do things scared, but you'll never do things alone," I can honestly tell you that iwas scared today, but with even more truth i can say i was not alone...i couldn't have been...there is noway i would do something like that on my own accord...it had to be God...and that's my story and i'm sticking to it...lol... well that's me for ya...oh and if the first part of this entry sounds all crazy, it's because my friend mickey kept talking to me as i was trying to post...lol...so yeah...

3 Comments:

Blogger tori ohlerking said...

awesome post! and i LOVE that scripture...2 cor. 5:20. it definitely makes you evaluate the way you're living.

and lol. you and your foosh ball!

but i think that praying for your lost friends when you get mad is a really good idea.
man, i really need to read that max q book!

anyway, awesome post- especially if you wrote all that with mickey talking to you the whole time. lol.

6:31 AM  
Blogger JordanGautreau said...

yeah i mean i tried to ignore him the best i could...jk...and that max q book is awesome...it challenges you in so many ways...

8:01 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

That reminds me of a story Timmy told at Refuge a long time ago. About when God told him to give his favorite bow to this young guy, and he just didn't. And after a while with all the guilt of not doing it on him, Timmy finally gave it to him. Afterword, he said he felt so free and blessed by the guy's reaction, that even though he gave up his bow, he got something so much more.

Just thought I would share that with you.

You and Mickey are crazy.
naughty....!?!
Late,
SKittles

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home