Sunday, December 31, 2006

mission stuff

I guess I’ll start off by saying that I’ve had a wonderful Christmas. I’ve been spending a whole bunch of time with Tori and her family, and it’s just been really fun. I kinda feel sorry for Tori though, because she had to come to like 5 family Christmas parties. What a trooper. Anyway God’s blessed me with a bunch of nice stuff and whole new wardrobe in brown for those of you who get tired of seeing me in black. J I also got a really nice journal from Tori and little man bag. J Mr. Dan and Mrs. Vicki gave me some nice books and a really cool raised seal for all my books. It’s so cool.

Well I already read one of the books they gave me, and I may have posted something on it I’m not sure. Anyway, I read High Adventures in Tibet, it’s about the mission work of Victor Plymire in Tibet. It’s so encouraging. He spent 50 years as a missionary in Tibet. I could feel his passion for the Tibetans throughout the book. What got me the most is that I had been praying for a passion for the lost and to have an unconditional love for people. From reading this book, I’ve realized that unconditional love isn’t just an emotion or feeling towards a certain people, but instead it’s a choice to love them whether they return it or not. It’s a conscious decision to care for them and give yourself to them. Christ made a choice to be obedient to the Father. We too must also make a choice to love our neighbor.

From this book, my passion to go/possibly live on the mission field has only increased. I can’t wait to get out on the field. I can’t wait to be stretched and strained. I can’t wait to be broken and laid bare before my Lord. I’ve always felt a tug to the field, just not this strong. The one problem I face now is where. Where does God want me? Where am I called? Right now, I don’t care. I just want to go. I want to be changed and used.

So yeah, that’s about it. Just wanted to give you an update of what’s going on in my life. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ya’ll. J

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Great post Jordon. I finally posted on my blog :-) last post of 06

11:31 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

awesome post my jordan!!!!!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Jean Ohlerking said...

Victor Plymire was the missionary who held tori's Papo on his lap when he was only 4 years old. Plymire explained that his son died in Tibet while helping his parents tell people about Jesus. "Would you take his place?" Pop answered, "I will, Brother Plymire!" and that was the beginning of a life serving God in missionary work. Victor Plymire is one of our heroes!

11:16 PM  
Blogger JordanGautreau said...

That is so awesome...it would have been a cool experience to talk to Plymire...

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home