Monday, December 18, 2006

My first semester as a senior officially ends tomorrow. I’m done with all my mid-terms and stuff, but I still have to go half a day so I can play basketball tomorrow night. I’m so thankful for the upcoming Christmas holidays. I need some down time. What’s funny though is that I don’t think I’m going to catch up on my rest like I want/need to. I think it’s going to be like my weekends. I’m supposed to catch up on sleep, but that never seems to happen for some reason I can’t quite think of. J The holidays are going to be crazy. With my parents being divorced and my mom’s parents being divorced I have to go to a lot of parties: some fun some not so fun.
Anyway, to what God is doing in my life right now. God is showing me that I have to trust and depend on Him in all things. It’s so easy for me to depend on Him when things are going good and all, but when it gets down to the nit and gritty things change. When you’re stuck in your sin, your pride kicks into high gear saying that you can do it on your own. You don’t need God to get you out. WRONG… God is showing me that, especially, in my failures I need to rely on Him. When I’m broken and down, that’s when God can really get a hold of my life. Only when I am broken can God build me up into His image. So I say Break me oh God, Tear down my pride, humble me. I want to be broken bread in His hands. Willing to be molded and used.
God is shwing me that I have to submit every area of my life. No holding back. If I want to truly life the life God intends for me, I cant be me. I want God to crucify me. I want to be totally lost in who He is. So absorbed in the things of Heaven, that I can’t think of anything else. I want to die to mySelf. God take control of my life. Sit on the throne of my heart. Reign.
He is also showing me that I can’t be stingy with my finances. I am a frugal person. I don’t like to spend my money, I’d much rather save it. Well at service Saturday Pastor Dino said something that really hit me. I don’t rememeber what it was; just that I can’t be stingy with my finances. On the way home from service me and Tori were talking about how we have to always have “open hands” never holding on to the things God gives us, but always looking for ways to bless others.
So yeah, that’s what God has been doing in my life at the moment. Ok, random question that I’ve been pondering. Ok have any of ya’ll ever had something you wanted to write in your journal, whether it be about your future or whatever, but you were scared to because you didn’t want it to turn out wrong? I do it all the time with numerous things. What’s your take?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean Ohlerking said...

If we leave our hands open, allowing God to put in them or take out of them as he deems best, he will bless us to overflowing! If we try to grasp the stuff (to hold on to it--protect our own property so to speak) it limits the space where God can put more stuff. And when we hold on to things too tightly, we can really mess them up (have you ever tried to hold a pretty rose blossom in a squeeze?).

Besides all that, any time in my life when God, in his infinite wisdom, removed something from my hands, he always gave me something far better. Sometimes I have had to wait a while, but it has always been there when I needed it.

Open palms. Multiple blessings. More with which to help others!

Your posts are always so wonderfully Christ-centered. Keep it up!

Meemaw

11:31 AM  
Blogger JordanGautreau said...

Thanks for your comment...it's really helpful...:)

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home