Sunday, October 22, 2006

I know i've said this before, but i just don't know how to start off a post. You know? What's a good opening sentence? I don't know. Anyway, yet agian there has been alot of stuff going on in my life. I guess I'll start off in chronological orderish. Well tuesday we had a game. I was so mad i didn't get to play. I had pulled my lower back the day before. On top of that Will and my dad were both out as well. We eneded up losing by 35 i think...yeah not good.

Well wednesday was refuge. Which was awesome. I had to run lights, so i didn't get to jump around and stuff for worship, but it's ok. Adam explained it to me like this. We're providing an atmosphere of worhsip. so yeah. Well the message was awesome. It really hit home for me because i'm one of those guys that likes to think every thing through. I know it's hard to believe, but i tend to overanalize just a little bitty bit. Ok a lot. So it really challenged me to give God my thoughts as well as my actions.

Then Thursday was "Closer'' , which was also very good. Blake spoke on Shadrack, Meeshack, and Abindigo and how they were thrown into the fire. How when they took a stand for God, King Nebakunezzar, or however you spell it,had them bound and thrown into the fire. Blake related that to how the devil tries to bind you with different things to distract you from God's purpose. It was really cool. Each person had to have their hands bound in front of them. Then me and blake prayed for the guys, and Candice and my mom prayed for the girls. After we prayed for them, we'd cut the rope. It was really cool and to top it off they had jason upton playing, "where the spirit of the lord is" in the background. Now this is cool. When i was praying for my friend Shae, in the middle of the prayer wihtout me touching it, his rope fell off. Oh yeah it was God. Then after Bible study i hung out with Tori and her family.

Friday we had another basketball game, which i didn't get to play. We only lost by 12 which was really good considering we had 3 starters sitting and our 7th man. to top it off though Brent, our awesome point gaurd broke his nose, so now he's out. After the game, me tori and cody went watch open season at the rave. It was "cute". But seriously I really enjoyed it.

Saturday i had to work, grrrhh, but it was my last day unless they call me to fill in. Then saturday night we had a service in my school gym, which was really cool. Not too many people showed up, but i don't measure success by numbers. It was cool because my mom, step-dad, dad, step-mom, tori and blake were all their. After t he service I went back to Tori's house and watch run-away bride of all things. but it was good and i've never seen it. so yeah that's been my week..

later
in christ
jordan

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason Guidry said...

Yeah, Blake called and told me about the thing at your school...but I was running tech at HPC :\

-Jason

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Jason's telling the truth. I saw him at service on highland.. :-) Thanks for the comment. It sounds like you have been really busy lately, and I can definately relate. Anywhoo, I'm glad you got to watch a couple of "cute" movies! :-) See you at fallfest!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Jason Guidry said...

Jordan! You've got to check out this awesome website!

www.closer.co.nr! lol, there, you're special now.

I sent you a private message on that website by the way.

-Jason

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home