Saturday, September 16, 2006

sorry about it beeing so long

ok sorry you guys, I know it's been a long time since i've posted. I guess I've just been kinda busy. Between basketball practice, work, lifegroups and church, and writing scholarship essays, i haven't really had time to post or do much of anything. This leads me to the first thing that God has been showing me: SLOW DOWN, I've been trying to do too much. I've been neglecting things that are important and eternal for things that are temporary. I have also neglected another important activity: sleep. yep yep, with all the other things that "demanded" my attention, i've neglected a very vital part of my day. Which in turn causes me to be grouchy....but alas God, as always, grabbed ahold of me. He's taught me again to submit everything to Him and trust Him with it all...this is especially true partaining to college and scholarships and stuff...i've been feeling like i'm running out of time to make up my mind on a college and stuff and then there's the scholarships...He's shown me to just trust Him and pray for His will...I want His will....He's also shown me that if I desire more intimacy with Him it will require more sacrifice by Me...i can't go deeper at the level i'm at...i must continue to die to myself allowing Him more control of me life...so that's what he's teaching me...trust, dependence, and surrender...

Oh there is one reallly cool thing that is happening at my school in my english class...we're doing this free write thing where the teacher gives us a word and we have to right for 10 minutes...well i love to write, and the beauty of it is i can write about anything dealing with that word, read it before the class, and they have to say thank you at the end...i defintely see a ministry oppertunity here...i have a captive audience...yay...so yeah pray that God will give me a creative way to relate His message to those around me through this....

well that's about it for now...i'll be keeping ya'll posted more than what i've done in the past...so yeah..i'm excited...i love god and jesus...and i want to see my school changed....so that's about it..

in christ,
jordan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home