Tuesday, September 26, 2006

NO COMPROMISE

Well lately I've been reading this really good book on the life of Keith Green called "no compromise". It is a slammin book...i've been learning so much from it. The book starts out with him on a search for a higher spiritual truth; the problem is that he goes through all kinds of things on his search, from the occult to drugs and beyond. It's really sad. But when He finally finds the answer in Christ, he chases after Him with total abandonment. His convictions are so strong...he doesn't want anything to come in the way of his relationship with Christ. He comes to the point where he is willing to give up the life of his wife and child to please the Lord.

Man I want that...i want my life to be completely and soley His. I don't want there to be any desires in my heart that are not from my Father. I want everything in me to be pointed to Christ. Every action or thought i have must be for His will...Gosh i want His will in my life so bad...i don't want to do anything against His will..i don't want to do anything that has me in it. everything i do should be for Him and for his purposes. I just really want to grow deeper in Him...I want more intimacy with Christ than i've ever had... I want more sacrifice than ever before...I want to know him more everyday...I want everything in me to point to Christ. I don't want people to see me when they look at me...I want to hear His voice in my life...i just can't put into words my desire to know Him...it's like there's a burning inside of me that wants to come out...I want to be completley changed by Christ; Lord place the coal on mylips and purify me...I don't want their to be anythign of me left when Your done...God take me life; take everything within me: my desires, fears, goals, future; Lord take everything...i give it to you...Father help me crucify the Self within me; Lord crucify my desires and hopes... Lord you are my Hope and future...God i give you it all...Lord take my life if it's required...I am yours...

I guess kinda going along the lines of my future I'd like to let ya'll know what's going on in my head...I want so badly to affect people for Christ; almost to the point where i don't even know if i want to go to college...I want to go into ministry and go overseas and everything....i just don't know right now what God's will is for me in this area of my life...I want to do whatever it is that he commands me to, i just don't know what it is right now...God's really testing my trust and faith in Him right now...

Well i guess that's aboutit for now...of course there's more stuff goingon in my life right now, i'm just not going to tell you about it yet... :) sorry................................well i love you guys and thanks so much for being an encouragement to me...ya'll really make me want to be more like Christ...thank you so much....

in christ,
jordan

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason Guidry said...

Your testimony last night was awesome!

-Jason

5:29 AM  
Blogger JordanGautreau said...

thanks, of course i needed my mom's help to make it so good.. :)

yours was cool too...esp. about the sound booth thing...i think that'll talk to people that are being "religious" not saying you were, but you know...

9:58 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I'm guessing this is about "CLoSer"? Nice post!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home