Sunday, October 01, 2006

I am excited!!!!

Well I am excited for quite a few reason...First let me give you alittle background info...last friday morning i was talking to Tweeze about ministry and college and stuff and just what i was feeling about both...like i said last post, i don't really want to go to college because i want to go into fulltime ministry...anyway i was telling him how my parents thought it would be best for me to get a degree, "just in case" or to "provide for my family" I don't too much agree with the first reason, because i know God will provide for me and as for the second, i don't believe God would call me to ministry and then give me a high-maintence wife that wants all kind of material things...so it seems those two reasons aren't that valid for me...

Anyway i was talking to him and we prayed that my parents would see God's will for my life and embrace it. Well that day at lunch my dad told me that he had already given me his opinion, but the decision was mine because i was a man; yes kinda hard to believe. So i was like man God your awesome. Well it gets better, the next day my step mom, mrs. melee said that my they had all gotten together and talked about it and said that they would back me and believe for me no matter what I chose to do....God is double awesome...I am like super-excited...i can't wait to do elevate and see what God has for me...I can't wait to depend on Him even more than I do now...What's even cooler though, is that i am also beginning to believe that God is calling me to go overseas and be a missionary...i don't know where or when or for how long, i just know it's going to happen, and i can't wait...I want to impact everyone around me for Jesus and I want to impact the world for Him...

Oh and another cool thing that happend this weekend was Tori's birthday party thing...it was really fun...we went eat sushi at HelloSuchi's, which was fanamonal, if that's how you spell it. Then we went hang out on the top of whatever building tsunami's is, which was also really fun. We got to hang out and talk about stuff... :) Oh and i wash pushed in the fountains by my dearest friend Mickey, but i'm not mad becaus ei know i wouldn't have gotten in otherwise...We then drove soaking wet back to tori's house where we hung out til around 1. Which was a miracle in itself because i know if it were my parents they would have made everyone go home long ago...it was really fun, we played video games and hung out...i wasnt good at any of the games, but i enjoyed the company...oh and Tori's little brothers Rhett and Roades are awesome...they're so cute...cough cough anyway i had alot of fun...before i left we had some more positive discussions... :) and that was the night...i got home around 1ish and went to bed...

The only not so cool thing about this weekend was that i had to go to the emergency room because my chest was hurting...the ekg and the heart thingy didn't say anything was wrong with me and he didn't say it was anxiety, but it still hurt...so i don't know....anyway my mom thinks i had an anxiety attack because i had some rather stressful discussions this past weekend...so...but i don't know...good new....i got off of work for two days... :)

and that's about it...I can't wait for wednesday...I think i'm speaking at Healing Hands again and then of course there's Refuge wheich is going to be awesome....then thursday's Closer at the Ohlerkings which is always fun... so yeah that's about it...

in christ,
jordan

5 Comments:

Blogger Jason Guidry said...

Yeah, Tori's party was sweet!

And if you ever do decide to go to college, BRCC is awesome!

-Jason

4:32 PM  
Blogger im>just-teli@ said...

Yea im pretty sad that i got to miss toris party it sounds like it was alot of fun but i got to see her at refuge -st.frannie sunday..:) Gods call on your life is incredible im really excited for what God has called you to do I cant wait to see the impact your going to have on the world:)....im really sorry you went to the emergency room:(...but im glad your doing better!...im going to refuge in BR wens.see you there...

12:49 PM  
Blogger tori ohlerking said...

hey, awesome post!- not just about my party :) which was really fun also.
but about the whole thing with college and about telling your parents. it's so awesome to see all that God is doing because of your commitment to Him and your desire to glorify Him in everything you do. God's love is really flowing through of you-keep letting it. :)

well...sorry...that was kinda deep. lol. but yeah...awesome post!
ttyl
-tori

1:54 PM  
Blogger Phillip LeBlanc said...

phenomenal...

I'm going to go to LSU... but I think you might have more fun than I will :p

-Phill

6:23 PM  
Blogger Jean Ohlerking said...

can you hear God calling you to Swaziland? listen very carefully. hear Him? well, maybe that was me...

we do need help. get prepared. do elevate. do it well. and get ready...we need you.

pray hard. work hard. get to know Him. be like Him.

come soon.

(tori's meemaw)

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home