Monday, October 16, 2006

sorry this one's a long one... :)

Well there are quite a few things going on in my head right now...so i guess i can tell you i don't know how long this post is going to be because my thoughts are all jumbled...so bear with me if it's kinda incoherent... :) Well firstly, pertaining to my game last thursday, we won...i think by five...it was quite interesting. We played our district rivals at their place and it was intense...so intense that one of our guys ended up being thrown out, suspended from school for 5 days and from basketball for a few weeks i think...yeah that'll kinda hurt us...but we'll make it...me personally, i actually played very well and didn't loose my composure like most people where expecting me to...my teammates said it was on account of someone that was in the stands that night... :) idk..

Friday night was unplugged, which was awesome... it wasn't packed or anything, so we got to hang out without being sardeense or however you spell it... We got to play Taboo, which is one of my favorite games and battleship, though i personally didn't play it... ;) There was alittle drama as can be expected i guess, but it all worked out for the best i think...

Saturday morning i worked and made some moola... Saturday night i went to church and pastor dino spoke on Miracles and stuff..the message was really good...basicallly he said that if you have aproblem, your a canidate for a miracle..and how hte little boy with the fish, wasn't until he gave up what he had...so yeah it was cool...then after the service me and my sister went eat at whole foods mart with Tori, Mr. Dan, Mrs. Vicki, Rhett and Rhodes, Lincoln, J.D. and his friend which i forgot his name but i think it's like two names as one or something...basically it was us and Tori's whole family added one... :) anyway we had a good time... then we went look around at some shops and i saw a pair of jeans that were regularily $70 for $15 and like an idiot i didn't buy them because i thought they were too big...STUPID...oh well...

Sunday i had to work the Creole Festival in French Settlement, which was ok..i had to work the dunking booth, which became remarkably popular as soon as i got in... :( it was cold... but it was cool..all my friends where there plus one...then me and tori went to her house for the Missions bible study that her dad led....it was really good....the basis of it was "obedience" it's kinda like when someone ask you a question and you say, "pray for God's will" it's international...something so simple, yet is sometimes so hard... oh and then my dad had to go to the emergency room bc he had kidney stones...not cool...i hear it's the equivilent of a woman having a baby...but he's doing better... :)

Ok and now for what God's been showing me... Well i guess it kinda goes back to the whole obedience thing...He's really showing me that i should be obedient to His spirit no matter what it cost...I may not understand, but it should be enough that it's God telling me to do it...after all he does have my best in mind... I guess he's also showing me dedication...you know, not getting distracted and stuff...sometimes it's so hard... But i had a really good quiet time tonight and really want to grow closer to Him...like i don't want to be the same person anymore...like i hate going hot/cold all the time...i'm one of those people that will pursue something really intentlly, but then it fizzles out...well i don't want that to be the way it is with God...i don't want to only half way seek Him...i want to run after Him...i want Him to completely change me...to completely rock my world...i pray that He would help me crucify the desires of "my'" heart and give me the desires of His heart...i hate what i love...i don't want to be myself...i want to die to Self and live with Christ...I want to give up everything for Him...i don'twant anything to hold me back from Him...i never ever want to grow complacent in my walk with HIm...it's easy to get "used" to God...when that happens, i think we become unusable...our relationship needs to stay fresh...we can't depend on all the old things we did to sustain us...it's like any relationship; it takes work and dedictation...and it takes sacrifice...

i geuss God is also showing me what real sacrifice is...i have to be willing to let go of anything He ask...i want to let go of anything that is hindering me from drawing closer to Christ...You know we'll never see change until we're willing to sacrifice for it...When someone gives you something...you like it alot for a while, but then you grow tired of it...but something you that you earn and sacrifice for, you hold dearly. You won't ever let it go because you know how much it cost you...that's how it is with us and God...we have to hold on to Him like there's no tommorrow...because we're not garunteed tommorrow....yeah i don't know where that came from...kinda off topic...but i geuss the bottom line is that i love God...I want to be more like Him...iwant mySelf to decrease and for Him to increase in my life...I want His will for mylife more than anything else...so yeah...God is awesome... :)

i know it's kinda all over the place, but ohwell...hopefully you understand most of what i'm saying....

in christ,
jordan

6 Comments:

Blogger im>just-teli@ said...

once again im very impressed in your post:P...very inspriational...hey when is your last game of the season if you wouldnt mind I would like to make an apperance to support my homies way up yonder...:P whoop! whoop!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Jason Guidry said...

I liked the post, kinda hard to follow at some points (Punctuation is key), I can testify to the part about miracles ^^

-Jason

8:19 AM  
Blogger JordanGautreau said...

Telia...not real sure when my last game would be, hopefully it'll be at the cajun dome for the top 28, but i'll let you know...

jason: yeah i wasn't writen very well...and yep yep on the miracle part...

10:10 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Glad your dad is okay, it sounded painful. :-( anywhoo, I can totally relate to the whole hot/cold relationship w/God. It's encouraging to know that I'm not the only one struggling with it. And like Telia said, we all got to come and see you play and make all of French Settlement stare!
see u tonight.

12:47 PM  
Blogger tori ohlerking said...

hey,
sorry...yet again it takes me forever to comment. but yeah...last week was awesome. i had a blast. :)
(esp.battleship...! lol.jk.)
anyway...your whole post was great!
and i totally understand the whole complacency thing. just keep pressing in. "desiring the desire to desire...". lol.
anyway...gtg.
ttyl.
-tori

10:02 PM  
Blogger Holly Kay said...

dude how do you keep all your ideas in order when you post a post that long i would be ALL over the place. you play basketball? i didnt know that...anyway AWESOME post

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home