Monday, October 02, 2006

NO MORE MYSPACE FOR ME...

Ok so here's the deal...if you haven't guessed i deleted my myspace...yeah i know it's a shocker for me too...but that's just the point...i had become too addicted to it...it was taking up too much of my time and focus...I would get on with the intention of only checking my stuff and looking at a few friends pages, but before i would realize it, i would be on there for well over an hour...not a very healthy habit if you ask me... not only that, but the advertisements on there are not that good...i mean have you seen them...not good...i still don't understand how those pictures can make anyone think of "true love" more along the lines of definite lust...so yeah that was another contributing factor...and then there is of course the very riscae pages out there that have not so good stuff...enough said...for the most part i don't think each of these things in and of themself are that bad, minus the riscae and provactive, but added together, they are damaging to my spiritual life...and i definitely don't want to do that...i want to continue to grow closer to God not farther away...so those are some main factors for why i deleted my myspace...

some other factors are that the alot of the people i talk to on there have deleted theirs or get on sparesly enough to even say they have one...first Telia deleted hers, and i thought "there is noway i could do that"; red flag number one...i must always be willing to give up anything to grow closer to God...so for a about a week i've been thinking of deleting it for that very reason, but never reallly did...then Tori deleted her's, again God challenged me to delete mine...but i believe the devil was trying to trick me for two reasons: first, if i delete mine right after she deletes her's what will people think...to that i say fewee, when God leads, He leads...i must follow. and the second reason i believe the devil was trying to trick me into keeping my myspace by saying it was a "tool" to reach people...you know my space is a testimony...and for the most part it was...i was getting to talk to some people that i normally don't talk to about somethings we normally don't talk about, but what was the price...for me it was always having the oppertunity to use myspace to sin...the devil new that if i kept my myspace, even under the pretense of it being a tool, he coud cause me to sin...and when i measure either me speaking to someone about jesus, some i can tell that to at school, and me sinning, there is no choice...I have to put my spiritual well being over a "tool" i mean it would be stupid for me not too...

so all of that mumbo jumbo to tell ya'll "i deleted my myspace" i hope this helps you understand my thinking and what not...so yeah...my God is awesome...there is none like Him...and I hope and pray that He continues to challenge me, and grow me, and mold me.... :)

in christ,
jordan

7 Comments:

Blogger Phillip LeBlanc said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

You are my hero (along with Tori)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

I'm one of those that didn't even want to get back onto to myspace to take the few seconds to delete it... so technically I still have it, but it is effectively dead.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

(Ok, so maybe I'm overexaggerating but I just want to let you know I support your decision whole-heartedly)

-Phill

6:20 PM  
Blogger tori ohlerking said...

OMG! that is sooo awesome. i'm so excited that you deleted it. :) it really feels good huh? lol.

7:31 PM  
Blogger JordanGautreau said...

Phillip i since just a little bit of enthusiams in you...could it have anything to do with me deleting my myspace? lol...

Tori: it does feel good...i think its going to allow me to have more time focusing on other, more important, things...and congrats on deleting yours... :)

7:51 PM  
Blogger Jason Guidry said...

I was wondering why I was missing friends...gratz on deleting it.

-Jason

7:54 PM  
Blogger im>just-teli@ said...

im very proud:)

1:18 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Hey man,
that is an awesome testimony of what God is doing in your life. I can't wait to hear more about it at STARBUCKS!!!
Late,
SKittles

4:20 PM  
Blogger Connie Firmin said...

Jordan - that is awesome!!!!! I really have been thinking a lot about it myself and I definitely think I'm going to delete mine too! Now we just need to work on your mom?! ha! kidding! It really is consuming too much of my time and I think it's become an idol in a way. You know, worshiping it by checking it all of the time. Thanks for inspiring me! Keep up the great posts!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home