Thursday, December 21, 2006

Revealed with Christ

Ok so I was sitting by the computer this morning having my quiet time when I really felt God speak to me through His word. I opened the Bible up to Colossians 3 and few things really stuck out to me.

Colossians 3:2-4 Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.3 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.4 When Christ, who is our life, is revealed then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.

This passage really spoke to me: 1. To set my mind on heavenly things not the earthly such as what car I’m going to get next or what I’m getting for Christmas or whatever. It’s not about any of those things. Everything is about the eternal. Because at the end of it all, that’s all you’re left with. 2. That my life, my existence is hidden with Christ. This speaks volumes to me. My life is not my own. I shouldn’t parade what I’ve done or said or anything around to others; It’s not about that, my life is hidden with Christ. I know I say it a bunch, but this scripture just makes me think of it again. I don’t want to be seen. I don’t want to be noticed. I want to cease to exist if it means that Christ will be glorified. I want to be hidden in Him so that the focus is off of me and directed to Him. 3. When Christ is revealed so will I. Not until then. I can’t try to force people to notice me. And I definitely shouldn’t try to gain recognition through servant hood. Woe unto me if I ever seek glory for myself even in the least.

Then it goes on to say in verse 17 : “Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.”
It didn’t say “whatever you do in word or in deed, do it all for yourself, to earn yourself recognition” It makes me think of all the things I say and do throughout the course of just one day. What do I dedicate unto God and what do I dedicate unto mySelf? Lord I don’t want the glory or honor. Lord crucify my desires. Lord consume me to where it’s no longer me people see, but only You. Father break me. Lord break my pride and arrogance. Lord humble me. Father let it never be about me. Father teach me to hide in who You are. God let everything I do be to bring You glory and honor and praise.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Jordan, sorry but I didn't read your post, but I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. So, Merry Christmas to you and your family! I thought I would tell you that my birthday is in six days!!!!!! SNITCHZEL, I think?.... I'm just a little excited in case you didn't know....

4:54 PM  
Blogger JordanGautreau said...

cool well merry christmas to you too...and happy birthday if i don't see you or forget...both of which are somewhat likely... :)

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home