Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Well tonight was officially the last basketball game of my high school career. We lost tonight by thirteen against the Runnel’s Raiders. I scored only seven points tonight, one of my worst scoring games of the season. We finished the season with 20 wins and 19 losses, just barely a winning season. But I had fun. We had some hard losses and some great wins. I’ve made lots of friends and enemies over the years, but hopefully I left a lasting impression for the better. I regret losing, but I can honestly say that I laid it all on the line. I never backed down or gave up. I gave it my all; many times diving out of bounds for loose balls and taking charges under the goal. Sometimes I lost my composure, but for the most part, I played under control and with a friendly attitude.
Of course I’m sad that I won’t be playing anymore high school games, but I’ll get over it. Life goes on. One good thing that comes out of the end is the extra time I’ll have to focus on church and God. Before I would always have to go back to school at 1:30 for practice, but no more. Now, I’ll be able to get to church earlier and spend more time serving.
Of course I’ll have to work some, but that’s ok. Mr. Dan told me once that I couldn’t ask people for something I wasn’t willing to work for myself. And I believe that’s true. On the other side of that, I’ve starting compiling a list of contacts for support letters, started looking up addresses, and making flyers for my t-shirt that I’m about to start selling. I’m really excited about Elevate; in fact, I can hardly wait. I’m ready to start the next chapter in my life. But not yet. I still have to focus on my fellow students. There’s still work to be done at French Settlement. Right now, my primary focus is to build up new leaders, one in particular, Ryan Keller. He’s the future leader of FCS. It can’t die after I leave.
So the chapter in my life called high school basketball has officially been closed. What’s next? I have an idea, but I’m really just going to have to trust God.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason Guidry said...

Hey dude, if you need advertisements for your t-shirt, just let Froob Entertainment (me or Phill ^^) know!

-Jason

5:53 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

milestones, man, milestones!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Connie Firmin said...

You are going to make a GREAT addition to Elevate!!! Keep me posted!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home